The terms on which we sell products to you are set out in our Terms of Sale.
2. Information about us
This Site is operated by The At Home Box Company Limited (“Us”, “We”, “Our”). We are a UK company (registered number company number 09229237) with our registered office at 11 Waltham Glen, Chelmsford, CM2 9EL.
3. Accessing and using the Site
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site or the products displayed there (including relevant details and prices) without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, whether to guests or to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
4. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal, non-commercial use and reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Site.
You may not modify any materials you print off or download from the Site, and you may not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors or copyright owners) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged and you must not remove any watermark, copyright warning or other device or mark contained on the said materials.
You must not use the materials on the Site (or any part of them) for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors or contributors.
5. Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
6. Our Site changes regularly
We aim to update the Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we make no representation in respect of the currency of such material.
7. Our liability
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude, (a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity, and (b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it or any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable; always provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8. Information about you and your visits to the Site
9.Our Role – Transactions concluded through the Site
Our Site comprises a platform through which we may sell products directly to you (Direct Sales). For example, subscription products are always sold by us in this way. However, it also acts as a platform via which third parties can sell their products to you (Third Party Sales). You will be notified of the identity of the applicable seller in the process of ordering via our Site. For Direct Sales, we will be notified as the seller and we are therefore responsible for the products and subscriptions sold to you in accordance with our Terms of Sale. For Third Party Sales, the relevant third party will be notified as the seller and in that situation your contract is between you and that third party only. We are not a party to that contract and we do not assume or accept any responsibility in relation to Third Party Sales. We do not act for the third party seller and we are not their agent, representative or otherwise. We merely provide the platform, namely our Site, via which that third party seller may offer products for sale. The relevant third party seller is fully responsible for the Third Party Sale and for all related aspects of that sale, including defects, claims, cancellations, returns or other issues. This understanding and agreement is fundamental to the operation of our Site and all and any transactions you enter into via the Site is based on this core condition.
10. Uploading material to the Site
Any material you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and (unless otherwise agreed) we shall have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
11. Prohibited uses
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Site:
- in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, or which is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the content standards set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site or any materials on the Site and not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site, any equipment or network on which the Site is stored, any software used in the provision of the Site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
12. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site, including any contributions relating to any blog operated by us (‘Contributions’). You must comply with the spirit, as well as the letter, of the following standards, which apply to the whole or any part of any contribution.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights, including (without limitation) any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
13. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
14. Linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
16. Trade marks
‘The At Home Box Company’ and our feather logo are trade marks used and owned by us. You may not use our trade marks without our prior written consent.
18. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, please contact us by email at email@example.com.